Open Heaven 17th October 2021 Today Daily Devotional Guide By Pastor E.A Adeboye
TOPIC: THE UNCHANGEABLE CHANGER
Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever. – Hebrews 13:8
24. And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day.
25. And when he saw that he prevailed not against him, he touched the hollow of his thigh; and the hollow of Jacob’s thigh was out of joint, as he wrestled with him.
26. And he said, Let me go, for the day breaketh. And he said, I will not let thee go, except thou bless me.
27. And he said unto him, What is thy name? And he said, Jacob.
28. And he said, Thy name shall be called no more Jacob, but Israel: for as a prince hast thou power with God and with men, and hast prevailed.
29. And Jacob asked him, and said, Tell me, I pray thee, thy name. And he said, Wherefore is it that thou dost ask after my name? And he blessed him there.
30. And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.
31. And as he passed over Penuel the sun rose upon him, and he halted upon his thigh.
32. Therefore the children of Israel eat not of the sinew which shrank, which is upon the hollow of the thigh, unto this day: because he touched the hollow of Jacob’s thigh in the sinew that shrank.
Open Heaven 17th October 2021 Today Message
One thing every child of God must always remember is that our Father is the Unchangeable Changer. In Genesis we read how God changed a chaotic situation to a peaceful and orderly universe. The Unchangeable Changer effected the changes without Himself being changed.
“And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.” – Genesis 1:2-3.
The Almighty God – the Unchangeable Changer, changed the unfruitful situation of Sarah to fruitfulness (Genesis 21:1-34). He did the same thing for Hannah (1 Samuel 2:1-36) and turned Jacob’s life around for good by changing his name to Israel, as recorded in our Bible reading of today. This clearly proves that what God did in the life of the father of faith (Abraham) He could do in the life of his descendants also. This is why I know that you will encounter this Great Changer who does not change. As He did for those who sought and called Him in the past, so will He do for you today, in the mighty name of Jesus.
Some time ago, a certain young man who was afflicted with the spirit of madness asked his relatives to bring him to the Redemption Camp. As his feet touched the ground of the Redemption Camp, he was delivered completely, even before anybody could pray for him. Apparently, the Unchangeable Changer was already waiting for him. I also recall the case of a highly educated fellow who was unable to get a job in spite of all his qualifications. He surrendered his life to Jesus and we prayed a simple prayer for him. Before he got home that day, three employment offers were waiting for him.
The Unchangeable Changer changed his hopeless situation and he began to sing a new song. I have good news for you: Jesus Christ never changes; if He did it before, He can certainly do it again. As the Lord was performing miracles during His earthly ministry, so is He still doing today. Beloved, put your trust in Him and He will not let you down because He is the Unchangeable Changer. If you would only call on Him now, He would change your situation for the better in the mighty name of Jesus.
Father, please change my situation for the better from today, in the mighty name of Jesus
BIBLE IN ON YEAR
1 Chronicles 1:1-54, 1 Chronicles 2:1-55, 1 Chronicles 3:1-24, 1 Chronciles 4:1-43, 1 Chronicles 5:1-26
HYMN: O Lord, Our Help in Ages Past
- O Lord, our help in ages past,
our hope for years to come,
our shelter from the stormy blast,
and our eternal home:
- Under the shadow of your throne,
your saints have dwelt secure;
sufficient is your arm alone,
and our defense is sure.
- Before the hills in order stood,
or earth received her frame,
from everlasting you are God,
to endless years the same.
- A thousand ages in your sight
are like an evening gone;
short as the watch that ends the night
before the rising sun.
- The busy tribes of flesh and blood,
with all their lives and cares,
are carried downward by your flood,
and lost in foll’wing years.
- Time, like an ever-rolling stream,
bears all its sons away;
they fly forgotten, as a dream
dies at the op’ning day.
- Our God, our help in ages past,
our hope for years to come:
O be our guard while troubles last,
and our eternal home.
Open Heaven 17th October 2021 Today Daily Devotional Guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries.
Permission to use the lyrics from this post, or any of our articles, is granted subject to a credit of source being given by referencing the direct link of the article on Mybestfeelings.com.
Hope you enjoyed this post? Share the vibes with your friends on all your social media handles 👍 || Don't leave without giving me feedback. Let's start a conversation in the comment section below 😉