Who Is Mercy Chinwo?
Mercy Chinwo is a Nigerian singer-songwriter, actress, and comedian. She started singing at age 8 in her church children’s choir. Eventually, in 2012, she came to the spotlight after winning the popular talent show called the ‘Nigerian Idols.’
Mercy Chinwo gained her national and international recognition after releasing her hit single titled “Excess Love” in 2018. Since then, she has been counted as one of the best vocalists in the Nigerian Gospel music ministry.
Mercy Chinwo Biography
Mercy Nnenda Chwinwo, popularly known for her stage name as Mercy Chinwo, was born on September 5, 1990, in Port Harcourt, River State in Nigeria. Mercy Chinwo started her music career when she was age 8 when she joined the Children’s choir in her Church.
Mercy lost her father at a young age and had to fend for herself and her other siblings. As a result, she took her music ministry seriously from the beginning.
Mercy Chinwo Career
Mercy Chinwo started her music career at the age of eight as a young chorister, and subsequently, she moved into the adult choir and became the music director of her local church.
Later on, she began to engage in musical contests until she found Nigerian Idol. Finally, she emerged winner in season 2 of the Nigerian talent show and came to recognition.
In 2015, she released her debut single Testimony (2015) and subsequently Igwe (2016). On February 20, 2018, Mercy released her debut studio album, The Cross: My Gaze. In 2017, Mercy Chinwo signed to Gospel Music Label EeZee Conceptz.
Mercy Chinwo Songs
- The Cross My Gaze (2018)
- Satisfied (2020)
- Testimony (2015)
- Igwe (2016)
- Excess Love (2018)
- Omekanaya (2018)
- No More Pain (2018)
- Chinedum (2018)
- Power Belongs to Jesus (2019)
- Äkamdinelu (2019)
- Oh Jesus! (2019)
- Obinasom (2020)
- Kosi (2020)
- Tasted Of Your Power (2020)
- Na You Dey reign(2020)
- Jesus Never Fails (20210
- Oyoyo Chukwu (2021)
- Onyedikagi (2021)
Her Awards And Recognition
- Best Gospel Artiste, CLIMAX Awards, 2018
- New Artiste of the Year, Africa Gospel Awards Festival (AGAFEST), 2019
- Female Artiste of the Year, Africa Gospel Awards Festival (AGAFEST), 2019
- Song of the Year ‘Excess Love’, Africa Gospel Awards Festival (AGAFEST), 2019
- Gospel Artiste of the Year, Galaxy Music Awards, 2019
- Female African Artiste of the Year, Gospel Touch Music Awards, 2019
- Artiste of Excellence West Africa, Africa Gospel Music Awards, (AGMMA), 2019