So what is Angela Bassett’s age today? How old is she now? This post will help you know her actual date of birth so you can wish your favorite actress on her birthday.
If today is your first time hearing about Angela Bassett, then you’re not left behind. You will get to know every details about this famous actress and why she has become so popular in the entertainment industry today.
It is no wonder she has managed to garner such a vast fortune. Learn more about Angela Bassette’s net worth here.
Angela Bassett Profile
|Full Name||Angela Evelyn Bassett|
|Stage Name||Angela Bassett|
|Date Of Birth||August 16, 1958|
|Place Of Birth||Harlem, New York, U.S.A|
|Profession||Actress, Voice Actor, Film Producer|
Who Is Angela Bassett?
She is the actress who earned an Academy Award nomination for her role as Tina Turner in the 1993 biopic “What’s Love Got to Do with It?”
Her other film credits include “Waiting to Exhale,” “Notorious,” “The Jacksons: An American Dream,” “Malcolm X,” and “Black Panther.” She also plays Desiree Dupree in FX’s American Horror Story.
She earned a Master of Fine Arts degree from the Yale School of Drama in 1983. After graduation, she worked as a receptionist at a beauty salon and then began landing roles in many New York stage productions.
She made brief appearances in F/X and Kindergarten Cop, then had one of her first prominent film roles in the 1991 drama Boyz n the Hood, playing the character Reva Devereaux.
She married Courtney B. Vance in 1997, and the couple welcomed twins Bronwyn and Slater in 2006.
She was nominated for a BET Award for Best Actress for her role as Rosa Parks in the 2002 film The Rosa Parks Story.
How Old Is Angela Bassett?
Angela Evelyn Bassett was born on August 16, 1958, in New York City and raised in Harlem. Her current age is 63.
Angela Bassett Birthday
Angela Bassett will celebrate her 64th birthday on Tuesday, August 16, 2022. Therefore, kindly bookmark this page for any further posts about her birthday this year.
Angela Bassett Height & Weight
Angela Bassett stands at about 5’ 4” in feet and weighs 55 pounds. We know that the weight can be changed every month or can be changed for the demand of the story. So we will surely keep our post updated.
Angela Bassett Awards
- 2021 – People’s Choice Awards-Favorite Cable TV Actress: Nominated
- 2020 – Emmy-Outstanding Guest Actress in a Comedy Series: Nominated
- 2020 – Emmy-Outstanding Narrator: Nominated
- 2019 – Emmy-Outstanding Narrator: Nominated
- 2018 – Screen Actors Guild Awards-Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture: Winner
- 2015 – Directors Guild of America Awards-Outstanding Directorial Achievement in Movies for Television and Mini-Series: Nominated
- 2013 – Screen Actors Guild Awards-Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Television Movie or Miniseries: Nominated
- 2006 – Black Reel Awards-Best Supporting Actress: Nominated
- 2002 – Emmy-Outstanding Lead Actress in a Miniseries or a Movie: Nominated
- 2001 – Screen Actors Guild Awards-Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Television Movie or Miniseries: Nominated
- 1994 – Golden Globe-Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture – Musical or Comedy: Winner
- 1993 – Oscar-Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role: Nominated
9 Facts About Angela Bassett You Need To Know
- She first thought about becoming an actress when she saw James Earl Jones in a Kennedy Center production of John Steinbeck’s Of Mice and Men while on a school trip in 1974
- Met husband Courtney B
- Vance at the Yale Drama School
- In addition to Boyz N, the Hood and her breakout role in 1993’s What’s Love Got to Do With It. She has appeared with Laurence Fishburne in Akeelah and the Bee and a Pasadena Playhouse production of August Wilson’s Fences (both in 2006)
- Beat out Halle Berry and Robin Givens for the role of Tina Turner in What’s Love Got to Do With It.
- Played Malcolm X’s widow, Betty Shabazz, twice: in Spike Lee’s Malcolm X and Mario Van Peebles’ Panther
- Turned down the role in 2001’s Monster’s Ball, for which Halle Berry won an Oscar
- She and her husband coauthored Friends: A Love Story, a memoir about their relationship and struggle to become parents.
- She was named a UNICEF ambassador in 2003 and supported the charity Royal Theater’s Boys & Girls Club.
Permission to use the lyrics from this post, or any of our articles, is granted subject to a credit of source being given by referencing the direct link of the article on Mybestfeelings.com.
Hope you enjoyed this post? Share the vibes with your friends on social media.
Will you support my best feelings today? Use the social shares to spread the love on social media.